Professor, Science and Technology of Materials
– Ph.D. Mater. Sci. (Univ. of Twente, NL, 1990)
– M.Sc. Chem. Technol. (Univ. of Twente NL, 1986)
– Dipl. Chem. Eng. (Univ. Patras 1986)
Office: 216, 2nd floor of Building D
Telephone: 2310.996201 Fax: 2310.996269
Student Reception: Daily 9:00 – 15:00
- CERAMIC MAGNETIC MATERIALS: Synthesis properties and applications of ceramic magnetic materials such as ferrites of the cubic spinel or the hexagonal structure.
- CERAMIC MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY: Synthesis, characterization and properties of porous ceramic membrane for gas or liquid mixture treatment processes and high temperature membrane reactor processes.
- OXIDIC OR METALLIC NANOPARTICLES: Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles for protection coatings, catalytic or biomedical applications.
- REDOX CATALYTIC MATERIALS: Synthesis, characterization and applications of mixed oxide materials as RedOx catalysts for chemical process of energetic or environmental interest (thermal decomposition or chemical looping processes).
- Removal of organic micropollutants from drinking water by a novel electro-Fenton filter: Pilot-scale studies. Water Research 91:183-194 (2016
- Synthesis of a low loss Mn-Zn ferrite for power applications. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 400:307-310 (2016)
- Ferrites as redox catalysts for chemical looping processes. Fuel, 165:367-378 (2016)
- Magnetic Nanoparticles in Medical Diagnostic Applications: Synthesis, Characterization and Proteins Conjugation, Current Nanoscience 12, 2016
- Development of bubble-less ozonation and membrane filtration process for the treatment of contaminated water. Journal of Membrane Science, 492:40-47 (2015)
- Design of Advanced Materials and Processes (W ≥5′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Practical Training – Materials/Nanotechnology (WS ≥8′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Materials Science and Technology I (5 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Materials Science and Technology II (6 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Diagnostic Methods in Materials Science (W ≥7 ‘ Semester – Elective Course)
- Transfer of R&D Results from Laboratory to Industrial Production (S ≥6′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Evdou Antigoni (Starting Year: 2012)
- Vryzas Zisis (Starting Year: 2014)
- Tsanaktsidou Evgenia (Starting Year: 2016)
- Matsouka Charitini (Starting Year: 2016)