Professor, Physical Chemistry of Polymers, Colloids and Solutions
– Dr. Chem. (Univ. Crete, GR, 1997)
– MSc. Chem. (Univ. Crete, GR, 1993)
– Dipl. Phys. (Univ. Crete, GR, 1991)
Office: 403, 3rd floor of Building C
Telephone: 2310.995850 Fax: 2310.996222
Student Reception: Daily 12:00 – 14:00
- Static, dynamic and thermodynamic properties of polymeric materials.
- Self-organization phenomena in soft matter.
- Polymer-inorganic hybrid materials.
- Study of polymeric systems for biopharmaceutical applications
- Glass transition in polymers
- “Structure and Dynamics of Hyperbranched Polymer – Layered Silicate Nanocomposites”, S. Fotiadou,C. Karageorgaki, K. Chrissopoulou,K. Karatasos, I. Tanis, D.Tragoudaras, B. Frick, and S. H. Anastasiadis, Macromolecules, 2013, 46, 2842−2855
- “Poly(amidoamine)-based Dendrimer/siRNA complexation studied by computer simulations: effects of pH and generation on dendrimer structure and siRNA binding”, Karatasos, K.; Posocco, P.; Laurini, E.; Pricl, S., Macromol. Biosci. 12:225-240 (2012)
- “Association of a weakly acidic anti-inflammatory drug (ibuprofen) with a poly(amidoamine) dendrimer as studied by molecular dynamics simulations”, I. Tanis and K. Karatasos, J. Phys. Chem. B 113: 10984–10993(2009).
- “Glass Transition in Dendrimers”.K. Karatasos. Macromolecules 39:4619-4626(2006)
- “Nanoscopic confinement effects on local dynamics”. S. H. Anastasiadis, K. Karatasos, G. Vlachos, E. Manias, E. P. Giannelis. Phys. Rev. Lett., 84:915(2000)
- Physical Chemistry I (2 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Physical Chemistry II (L) (3′ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Computational Materials science (S ≥8′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Nanotechnology and Soft Matter (S ≥6′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Polymer Science and Technology (5th semester – Complusory Course
- Applied Thermodynamics (1st Semester, Post-graduate – Compulsory Course)
- Modeling and Simulation of Molecular Systems (2nd semester, Post-graduate – Elective Course)