Spiros V. Paras
Professor, Multiphase Flows with emphasis on Process Equipment Design
– Dr. Chem. Eng. (AUTh, GR, 1991)
– MSc. Chem. Eng. (Univ. Washington, USA , 1979)
– Dipl. Chem. Eng. (AUTh, GR, 1977)
Office: 108, 1st floor of Building D
Telephone: 2310.996174 Fax: 2310.996209
Student Reception: Daily 9:00 – 14:30
- Study of multiphase flows with emphasis on plant and equipment design for the chemical industry.
- Biomedical engineering applications.
- Use of nanofluids for heat transfer enhancement in compact heat exchangers.
- Study and design of μ-equipment.
- Application of CFD codes in process equipment design and optimization.
- Passos, A.D., Tziafas, D., Mouza, A.A., Paras, S.V. 2016 Study of the transdentinal diffusion of bioactive molecules. Medical Engineering & Physics 38, 1408-1415.
- Passos, A.D., Chatzieleftheriou, V.A., Mouza A.A., Paras, S.V. 2016 Casson fluid flow in a microchannel containing a flow disturbing rib. Chem. Eng. Sci. 148, 229-237
- Passos, A.D., Mouza, A.A., Paras, S.V., Gogos, C. and Tziafas, D. 2015 Designing and testing regenerative pulp treatment strategies: modeling the transdentinal transport mechanisms. Front. Physiol. 6:257.
- Stogiannis, I.A., Passos, A.D., Mouza, A.A., Paras, S.V., Penkavova, V., Tihon, J. 2014 Flow investigation in a microchannel with a flow disturbing rib, Chem. Eng. Sci. 119, 65-76.
- Kanaris, A.G., Anastasiou, A.D. and Paras, S.V. 2012 Modelling the effect of blood viscosity on hemodynamic factors in a small bifurcated artery. Chem. Eng. Sci. 71, 202–211
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory II (8 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Chemical Product & Plant Design Project I (9′ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Chemical Product & Plant Design Project II (10′ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Principles & Methodology for Measurements (W ≥5′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Multiphase Flow in Process Equipment and Biomedical Applications (S ≥6′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Practical Training – Chemical Engineering (WS ≥8′ Semester – Elective Course)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (S ≥6′ Semester – Elective Course)