Assιstant Professor, Dynamic Simulation, Control and Optimization of Polymer and Biochemical Reactors
– Ph.D. Proc. Systems Eng.(Imperial College, UK, 2004)
– Dipl. Chem. Eng. (AUTh, GR, 1998)
Office: 4th floor of Building E13
Telephone: 2310.996167 Fax: 2310.996198
Student Reception: Daily 9:00 – 18:00
- Microbial cultures and photosynthetic cultivation of microalgae.
- Sustainable valorization of biomass (lignocellulosic, bacterial and microalgal).
- Sustainable exploitation of renewable raw materials and agricultural/industrial by-products.
- Production of biopolymers from renewable resources for health applications (bone and tissue engineering).
- Downstream processing for the recovery and isolation of high-added value products from biomass.
- Optimal enzymatic pretreatment of starch and lignocellulosic biomass.
- Process systems engineering in biochemical- and biopolymer-producing processes.
- Scale-up studies of chemical and biochemical processes.
- Dynamic modeling, control and optimization of chemical and biochemical reactors in real time.
- Dynamic transient operation of chemical and biochemical reactors between products of different quality specifications.
- Mass and energy transport phenomena in bioreactors and chemical reaction units.
- Process integration
- Continuous-flow production systems.
- Transient expression of mAbs by targeted delivery of mRNA in mammalian cell cultures.
- Penloglou G., Vasileiadou, A.Chatzidoukas C., Kiparissides C. 2017 “Model-based intensification of a fed-batch microbial process for the maximization of polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) production rate”, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, 40(8), 1247-1260 (IF: 1.87).
- Chatzidoukas C*., Kondylidis A., Meimaroglou, 2017 “Model-assisted operational design of bacterial PHA-production processes: the obstacle of heterogeneity inducing modules”, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering 40, 2887-2892. (IF: 0.264)
- Karapatsia A., Penloglou G., Chatzidoukas C.*, Kiparissides C. 2016 “An experimental investigation of Stichococcus sp. cultivation conditions for optimal co-production of carbohydrates, proteins and lipids following a biorefinery concept” Biomass & Bioenergy Journal, 89, 123-132. (IF: 4.186).
- Karapatsia A., Penloglou G., Chatzidoukas C.*, Kiparissides C. 2015 “Fed-batch saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation of hydrolysate sugars: A dynamic model-based approach for high yield bioethanol production” Biomass & Bioenergy Journal, 90, 32-41. (IF: 4.186)
- Chatzidoukas C., Penloglou G., Kiparissides, C. 2013 “Development of a structured dynamic model for the production of polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) in Azohydromonas lata cultures”, Biochemical Engineering Journal 71, 72-80. (IF: 2.934
- Dynamic Process Simulation (6 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering (4 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Process Control (7 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory II (8 ‘ Semester – Compulsory Course)