Professor, Organic Chemistry
– Dr. Chem. Eng. (AUTh, GR, 1986)
– Dipl. Chem. (AUTh, GR, 1981)
Office: 2nd floor of Building C
Telephone: 2310.996253 Fax: 2310.996253
Student Reception: Daily 9.30 – 16.00
- Organic Synthesis. Νew synthetic methodologies. Design and synthesis of bioactive new products.
- Heterocycles (nitrogen, oxygen, boron, silicon and sulphur).
- Biological activity of new products with emphasis in anticancer and antioxidant activity.
- Chemical reactivity and properties of new products.
- Analytical Methods in Organic Chemistry.
- Reactions mechanisms.
- Oxidations and transformations.
- Synthesis of novel dehydroacetic acid N-aroylhydrazone-derived boron heterocycles. Α. Kotali, F. Dimoulaki, E. Kotali, A. Maniadaki, P. A. Harris, E. Różycka-Sokołowska, P. Bałczewski, J. A. Joule Tetrahedron 2015, 71(39), 7245-7249
- Synthesis of novel octahedral silicon compounds – synthesis of bis[3-[1-[(1-hydroxy-1-arylmethylimino)imino]ethyl]-6-methyl-2-pyron-4-olato-N,O,O’]silicon(IV). S. Karamouzi, A. Maniadaki, E. Kotali, A.Kotali, P. A. Harris, J. Raftery, J. A. Joule Synthesis 2013, 45, 2150-2154
- Reactions of nitrogen derivatives of carbonyl compounds with phenyliodoso diacetate in organic synthesis. A. Kotali, E. Kotali, I. S. Lafazanis, P. A. Harris, Current Organic Synthesis, 2010, 7(1), 62-77
- A Novel and Facile Synthesis of 7,8-Diacylcoumarins. A. Kotali, I. S. Lafazanis, P. A. Harris, Τetrahedron Lett., 2007, 48, 7181-7183
- Transformation of Phenolic Hydroxyl into Acyl Group. A New Tool in Organic Synthesis A. Kotali, Arkivoc, 2009, (i), 81-96
- Organic Chemistry Ι (Theory & Exercises), 3rd semester
- Laboratory Experiments in Organic Chemistry Ι, 3rd semester
- Organic Chemistry ΙI (Theory & c), 4th semester
- Heterocyclic compounds & Applications (Theory & Experiments) 6th & 8th semester, spring semester
- Bioorganic Chemistry (Theory & Exercises) 6th & 8th semester, spring semester
- Food Chemistry (Theory & Experiments) 6th & 8th semester, spring semester
- Natural and Synthetic Polymers, 1st semester (co-teaching), Interdepartmental PostGraduate Studies Program of Post Graduate Studies, Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, «Protection, conservation and restoration of cultural monuments»
- GC-LC-MS, 2nd semester, Interdepartmental Postgaduate Studies Program of Post Graduate Studies, Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, «Protection, conservation and restoration of cultural monuments».
- Mavromatis Kyriakos (Starting Year: 2017)