Τhe School of Chemical Engineering of Aristotle University was established in 1972.
The School staff is classified to four Departments that cover the main educational, scientifical and research areas of activities:
– Chemistry Department
– Department of Analysis, Design and Control of Chemical Processes and Plants
– Department of Unit Operations and Applied Thermodynamics
– Technologies Department
Initially the School was restricted in a 3-floor building of 2650 m2, known as Building C, where today the Department of Chemistry is housed. In 1984 the Faculty attained further 3400 m2 of new offices and laboratories in the first three floors of the new Building D, as well as large laboratories in the basement of the same building. Finally in 2003, Building E13 of 3500 m2, is added to the School, and in its basement the new School’s Computer Center is allocated. The Lecture Theaters, of additional 1000 m2 are situated in the central area of the Faculty of Engineering.
School staff includes 13 Professors, 12 Associate Professors, 4 Assistant Professors and 4 Lecturers. There are also a number of technical and administrative personnel.
The number of first year students in the year 2015-2016 was 120, while the total number of registered students today is 1070.